Limitations of advanced options
Description of the Problem
You can limit the number of copies (or instances) of applications that can be launched from Control Runner, and you can instruct Control Runner to hide or create a tray icon when applications are minimized.
If you select the Only One Copy option of the Additional tab of item configuration dialog, trying to launch a running application will bring it to the front rather than launching a second copy of the application.
There are some limitations however:
Setting a Window Class
In cases when advanced options don't work, you should register the main window of the application as described below:
1. Launch the application normally using the appropriate program button.
2. Open the associated item configuration dialog.
3. Change to the Advanced tab.
4. Click on the magnifying glass button to the right of the Window Class field.
5. Select the caption of the application from the list.
Testing a program